About UsThe Women’s Building is a women-led community space that advocates self-determination, gender equality and social justice.
The world continues to be a treacherous place for women and girls. Even here in the Bay Area, women have to fight against physical, economic, political and professional barriers, assaults, and forms of discrimination. Since 1971, we have represented and been guided by the belief that all women and girls have the right to safe, joyous and creative lives. Embodying that belief, The Women’s Building is a safe and welcoming place that facilitates the wellbeing of women, girls and families.
Every Day at The Women’s Building
- Women tell their stories, are heard without judgment or blame, and find solutions to their problems.
- Women and their families gain access to social services, community involvement opportunities, the arts, as well as wellness and educational events in a culturally diverse setting.
- Women and girls are supported and empowered to discover their strength, take action, and create a brighter future.
- Community groups, including our In-House organizations, amplify their work by partnering with each other in a vibrant, socially progressive and affordable space.
women and their families are welcomed to The Women’s Building each year.
Our Programs and Services
- Job search assistance, including resume writing and interview skills
- Food Pantry for Immigrant
- Computer Lab and Tech Tutoring
- Finding Solutions: Information and Referrals, Public Benefits and Legal Assistance
- Financial Management assistance, including free tax preparation
- Fingerprinting and Family Reunification Services
Since 1971, TWB has sponsored more than 170 organizations focused on improving the lives of women and girls while strengthening their communities. Currently nine other nonprofits share our building, making it convenient for women to find a wide range of services and opportunities all in one place, and for like-minded organizations to benefit from collaboration and innovation.
Great volunteers make all of our services possible. If you have a few hours a week, you can help people with a wide range of skills and services that can change their lives for the better!
Visit us at the Community Resource Room
We are located on the 1st Floor
(415) 431-1180 EXT. 11