Tax Return PreparationNeed help filing your taxes? Did you make less than $54,000? We can help! Free.
Refunds received by our clients in 2015.
Average refund per person at our tax site in 2015.
Our volunteers are certified by the IRS and provide free basic income tax return preparation for people who make $54,000 or less. Through this service, we help our community receive the tax credits that they deserve. Last tax season we prepared 500 tax returns and had an average refund per person of $1,309.
- Free tax preparation for people making less than $54,000
- Appointments with trained volunteers
- Electronic filing so you don’t have to worry about mailing in the forms
- Help with direct deposit of your refund into a checking or savings account
What to bring to your appointment
- Photo identification (for you and your spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security card or ITIN for each family member
- W-2 forms for all jobs held in 2015
- All 1099, 1098, or other tax forms
- Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Last year’s tax return
- Your household’s health coverage information (1095-A if bought through Covered CA)
In Collaboration with
We work with Earn It! Keep It! Save It! and the United Way Bay Area to provide FREE tax prep. Check out their blog for the latest updates on tax issues and how this program helps to fulfill their strategic initiative to cut local poverty in half by 2020.
Check out Tax Tips Blog for more information.
Schedule Subject To Change
Beginning January 4th, you can make an appointment
Please call 415 431 1180 x11
Appointments are for
First Thursday Tax Clinic
Last Saturday Tax Clinic
Last Thursday Tax Clinic
Friday, April 15th
“The volunteer made doing my taxes “painless”. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. This was my first experience with The Women’s Building and I would definitely return.”
– Suzanne W.
“I’ve been using this tax site for the last three years. Every volunteer is so nice and helpful. Everybody does such a good job and I like that this service is provided. I wouldn’t get my taxes done without it!”