Bilingual Community Resource Internship
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center for women and girls in San Francisco’s Mission District, which welcomes people of all genders. The Community Resource Room (CRR) provides assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or come to The Women’s Building seeking information and referrals to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, legal aid, free tax preparation, and immigrant food pantry.
10 hours per week. Must be available (This position requires a 3-6 month minimum commitment )
Abi Pantoja, Volunteer Coordinator, & Daniela Flores, Programs Coordinator.
Upon 3 months’ completion, you will receive an $1800 stipend or $3600 for 6 months. Depending on attendance deductions will be made.
The Community Resource Room Intern is needed to assist in the day-to-day operations of Community Resource Programs, including resource clinic appointments, providing program coordinators project assistance, information and referrals, answering the phone and email inquiries, benefit applications, and more! Training will also be provided to support providing the best services as well as preparation for social service-oriented positions and career opportunities.
- Attend and assist events at TWB when needed
- Provide support to Program Coordinators and Volunteers
- Maintain the CRR as a welcoming place for people of diverse backgrounds
- Check and respond to CRR email and phone calls and forward messages to appropriate staff
- Ensure that clients are logged into the appropriate database or log
- Set up appointments for all internal programs
- Research outside resources for clients to seek further support and information
- Help with Tax appointment and reminders
- Check in with coordinators on other assignments and tasks
- Attend and assist during food pantry
- Commitment to social justice and to TWB’s core values
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and commitment to working as part of a team
- Cultural humility and experience in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities
- Computer Fluency (Microsoft Word and basic Excel)
- Punctual, reliable and detailed oriented
- Gain awareness of the struggles and barriers faced by marginalized populations in San Francisco and Bay Area
- Working at the front lines of a community center space
- Get familiar with the services and programs offered by local San Francisco non-profit organizations
- Develop public speaking abilities, build communication skills, and network with other non-profit organizations
- Familiarize yourself with program planning and implementation; manage efficiently the space for volunteers, clients and staff
- Experience working with Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Drive Participate in social justice trainings and events
- Ideal for anyone pursuing work in the non-profit, social services sector
As soon as possible
Deadline to apply:
How to apply:
Please email a resume, and availability with Bilingual CRR Intern in the subject line.
Abi Pantoja email: email@example.com