The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
Hours: 2- 2.5 hours per week. Thursdays from 2:00-4:30pm (excluding 2nd Thursday of the month).
Reports to: Jacqueline Moncada (Volunteer Coordinator) and Teresa Mejia (Executive Director). This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment.
- Perform general office duties (shredding, filing, organizing documents, send emails)
- 1 hour of Technology classes every week
- Filing and organizing documents
- Asist and train on social media, google documents, creation of events and surveys, and other programs as needed
- Grammar revision and assistance of documents and Social Media Post
- Assistance with sending out letters to donors (twice in a year)
- Assist with specific projects for the Building.
- Punctual and Reliable
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong Reading and Organizational Skills as well as verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technologically proficient; Excel, Google, PPT, Facebook
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Benefits/ Leadership Development Goals:
- Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
- Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
- Develop knowledge of, and experience with, community services, administrative activities and programs operation.
- Experience day to day activities of a community center.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and availability with ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT VOLUNTEER as the subject line. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Contact: Jacqueline Moncada Email: firstname.lastname@example.org