The Women’s Building (TWB) is seeking a Bilingual Receptionist (English-Spanish) to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks supporting the Fingerprinting program and Bookings Department.
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a women-led community space that advocates self-determination, gender equality, and social justice. We provide services and programs to empower women, are the home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces for rent.
General Responsibilities: The Receptionist welcomes all the clients and users of The Women’s Building by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Maintains a welcoming lobby. Directs visitors to the appropriate offices and services. Receives renters, open event rooms and provide and set up the necessary equipment. Receives and log payment for different departments. Maintains security by following the safety protocols. Support the Fingerprinting Program by taking digital and paper fingerprints and producing the necessary paperwork (Training provided).
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- High School required
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer Fluency (Microsoft Word and basic Excel)
- Needs to be comfortable working with the fingerprinting technology and compassionate with our clients that are starting the reunification process for their unaccompanied children
- Punctual, reliable and detailed oriented
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, homeless and commitment to social justice and anti-racism work.
- Flexible to work 1-2 weekend-day per month
Starting date: July 23rd,2018
Salary: $17/hour + Benefits: Medical, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Retirement
Schedule: 9am to 3pm Monday through Friday – 30 hours per week (with possibility of 10 more hours per week to work during weekends)
Supervision: Fingerprinting and Receptionist Coordinator, Jessica Gutierrez
Deadline to apply: Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by June 23rd
Location: The Women’s Building (TWB), 3543 18th Street, San Francisco CA 94110