The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
In collaboration with the SF-Marin Food Bank and The SF Market, The Women’s Building provides assistance to hundreds of immigrant families each week at our pantry. We support these families with food distribution including a mix of produce and dry goods and exposure to community resources related to nutrition, employment and other social programs.The ideal candidate will be sociable, patient and understanding with an interest in supporting the local community.
Hours: 6 hours per week. Mondays and Thursdays 8am-11am. (This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment).
- Provide translation from English to Cantonese from both oral and written sources.
- Assist with on-site food pantry registration and participant sign in.
- Assist with delegating tasks to volunteers through Food Pantry Coordinator
- Assist with submitting information and data entry into the PANDA Pantry Enrollment System
- Help with assisting any organizations that table at the food pantry.
- Occasionally assist with mitigating any conflict among participants and/or volunteer staff
- Someone with excellent oral and written skills in Cantonese.
- Preferred knowledge or experience with marginalized communities various immigrant communities and elder populations.
- Problem solver that feels confident in mitigating conflict.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Upon 3 month completion, you will receive a $300 stipend (deductions will be made based on attendance)
To Apply: Please email a resume, cover letter and availability with CANTONESE INTERPRETER as the subject line. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Contact: Kristen Acosta Email: email@example.com