- This event has passed.
Well Hello There Gender Based Violence! Did You Miss Us? POSTPONED Details TBD
April 25 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on April 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm
ThehBeginning on Saturday, February 29th Cal Call Choir & The Women’s Building are offering three, FREE, monthly, storytelling workshops at TWB on Saturdays from 1:30 to 5pm in our Audre Lorde room. Cat Call Choir is our official “Artist in Residence” for TWB advocacy in Spring 2020. TWB is interested in addressing gendered violence through a variety of methods and we are hoping to attract a diverse group of women to these workshops. The workshops feature facilitated story circles, non verbal communication exercises, voice training techniques and much more. There is even an opportunity to be part of a performance in May! Sign up here.
In this storytelling workshop series you can expect to participate at will – even if that means just observing – and be encouraged and supported in building new skills for self expression including but not limited to:
- vocalizing – making sounds with and listening to your own voice
- circle singing – the spontaneous creation of songs within a group
- polyrhythms – a fancy way of saying “layering more than one rhythm on top of others”
- facilitated movement explorations – listening to how your body wants to move and practicing being seen
- ABSOLUTELY NO PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!