Our Community Resource Room (CRR) is looking for volunteers to provide Job Search assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or visit The Women’s Building seeking information or a referral to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, financial education, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry and a host of workshops.
Hours: 4-8 hours per week. Monday- Friday from 10am to 5pm and Wednesdays until 7pm . (This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment).
Reports to: Jacqueline Moncada (Volunteer Coordinator) and Tania Estrada (Programs Coordinator)
• Assist clients in our computer lab and provide assistance with procedures such as applying for jobs, filling out forms, resume/cover letter assistance, and interviewing skills.
• Collect, update and organize information for binders, bulletin boards, and other materials in the CRR.
• Follow procedures for logging daily program use information.
• Research information on community services and file in appropriate reference area.
• Assist with administrative duties and data collection.
• Support the Community Resource Room in special projects as they arise.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
• Commitment to social justice.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Bilingual (Spanish) required.
Benefits/ Leadership Development Goals:
• Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
• Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
• Develop knowledge of, and experience with, community services and program operation.
• Experience day to day activities of a community center.
• Knowledge of Salesforce, use of Microsoft Office.
• Participate in trainings related to job justice.