Every year, billions of dollars in tax credits go unclaimed by low-income taxpayers who don’t know they are eligible. VITA volunteers help our clients apply all of the appropriate tax credits, allowing the people who need it most to get the returns they deserve. Our site will again offer free tax preparation to low-income individuals and families from February to mid-April 2018.
We will provide training and orientation for all volunteers.
Hours: 4 hours per week. The 4 hours can be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 10am to 5pm, Wednesday from 10am-7pm and Friday 10am-3pm.
Position starts: January 2nd, 2019. (This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment and the attendance to a preview training of 2 hours in December)
- Pre-Screen clients interested in doing their TAXES at TWB.
- Schedule and confirm TAX appointments
- Leave voice messages with the correct information
- Participate in outreach activities
- Assistance with giving out flyers or doing TWB or TAX presentations
- Assist with specific projects for the Building.
- Perform general office duties (shredding, filing, organizing documents, send emails)
- Filing and organizing folders in the computer
- Answer incoming calls
- Punctual and Reliable
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong Reading and Organizational Skills as well as verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technologically proficient; Excel, Google, PPT, Facebook
- Spanish speaker is a plus
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Benefits/ Leadership Development Goals:
- Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
- Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
- Develop knowledge of, and experience with, community services, administrative activities and programs operation.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and availability with TAX APPOINTMENT VOLUNTEER as the subject line. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Contact: Eva Cedros Email: email@example.com