Our Community Resource Room (CRR) is looking for volunteers to provide computer and technology assistance in English and Spanish to visitors who come to The Women’s Building to use our Community Technology Lab. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, financial education, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry and a host of workshops.
Hours: 4-8 hours per week, on Thursday 1-5pm. (This position requires a 3 month minimum commitment).
• Provide culturally sensitive, one-on-one computer and technology tutoring to visitors who drop in and/or make appointments.
• Assist computer lab users with procedures such as using e-mail, researching on the Internet, typing a resume, transferring and saving files, etc.
• Follow procedures for logging daily program use information.
• Attend Community Resource Room trainings and meetings as needed.
• Teach and assist participants how to use selected smartphones, and meet all requirements for the Smartphone for Everyone Program
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Technologically proficient and knowledgeable of various computer and cellular applications.
• Bilingual (Spanish) required.
• Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Benefits/ Leadership Development Goals:
• Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
• Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
• Develop knowledge of, and experience with, community services and program operation.
• Experience day to day activities of a community center.
• Knowledge of Salesforce, use of Microsoft Office.
• Participate in trainings related to job justice.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and availability with CRR TECH VOLUNTEER as the subject line to Eva Cedros at email@example.com