Tax Return PreparationNeed help filing your taxes? Did you make less than $54,000? We can help! Free.
Refunds received by our clients in 2019.
Average refund per person at our tax site in 2019.
Our volunteers are certified by the IRS and provide free basic income tax return preparation for people who make $54,000 or less. Through this service, we help our community receive the tax credits that they deserve. Last tax season we prepared 758 tax returns and had an average refund per person of $1,632.
- Free tax preparation for people making less than $54,000
- Appointments with trained volunteers
- Electronic filing so you don’t have to worry about mailing in the forms
- Help with direct deposit of your refund into a checking or savings account
What to bring to your appointment
- Photo identification (for you and your spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security card or ITIN for each family member
- W-2 forms for all jobs held in 2017 or any other income forms
- All 1099, 1098, or other tax forms
- Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Last year’s tax return
- Your household’s health coverage information (1095-A if bought through Covered CA)
In Collaboration with
We work with Earn It! Keep It! Save It! and the United Way Bay Area to provide FREE tax prep. Check out their blog for the latest updates on tax issues and how this program helps to fulfill their strategic initiative to cut local poverty in half by 2020.
Check out Tax Tips Blog for more information.
Tax Prep Will Begin Again in 2021- Schedule Subject To Change
Beginning January 2nd, you can make an appointment
Please call 415 431 1180 x 11
Appointments are for
First Thursday Tax Clinic
First Saturday Tax Clinic
Last Thursday Tax Clinic
Last Saturday Tax Clinic
April 15th, 2021
“The volunteer made doing my taxes “painless”. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. This was my first experience with The Women’s Building and I would definitely return.”
– Suzanne W.
“I’ve been using this tax site for the last three years. Every volunteer is so nice and helpful. Everybody does such a good job and I like that this service is provided. I wouldn’t get my taxes done without it!”
– Joseph C.
Great volunteers make all of our services possible. If you have a few hours a week, you can help people with a wide range of skills and services that can change their lives for the better!
Visit us at the Community Resource Room
We are located on the 1st Floor
(415) 431-1180 EXT. 11