ResourcesGet help finding the information and resources you need to thrive!
social or health service nonprofits in San Francisco
– USF Institute for Nonprofit Organization Management
There are many social services and programs throughout the Mission District and San Francisco! It can be hard or overwhelming to begin the process of looking for them and finding the right ones. We help women, their families, or any individual in need of assistance, find the right information and resources. All assistance is free of charge and can be provided in English or Spanish.
Information & Referral
- Assistance in Spanish and in English over the phone due to COVID-19
- Phone call with staff that can answer questions and help you get connected to internal or external programs or services
The Resource Clinic
- In depth, private, one-on-one assistance over the phone
- Ideal for folks who are needing assistance in finding programs or services in several different areas
- Opportunity to develop a relationship and design a plan that connects you to the programs and services you need to overcome any challenges you may have related to:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Housing Assistance
- Healthcare Enrollment
- Mental Health Services
- USCIS Forms
- School Enrollment Applications
- CalFresh Screenings
- Legal Resources
- Translation of Documents
Free Immigration Legal Aid
- Remote Immigration advice available in English and Spanish every Tuesday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Give us a call at (415) 4311180 ext 11 to register before the next available date.
- Mondays and Thursdays from 9-10 am
“I like coming to The Women’s Building because the staff gives me lots of support. Plus, the language has a lot to do with it because I don’t speak English.”
“I’ve been on the streets for 3 years and here I’ve found a feeling of warmth and acceptance; it lifts my spirits.” ”
“The medical referral that I got from this room was one that no one else was giving me. Within 10 minutes of making my request, I was getting the appointment that I needed.”
“Many times a woman comes in with one issue and as we listen we realize we have the information and services to help her with several other questions as well.”
Great volunteers make all of our services possible. If you have a few hours a week, you can help people with a wide range of skills and services that can change their lives for the better!
Visit us at the Community Resource Room
We are located on the 1st Floor
(415) 431-1180 EXT. 11